We owe all of you a massive thank-you, because we have some unexpected news to report. We’ve now completely sold out of FAC:ABC books!
Fear not, however. If you’d still like a book, please do get in touch (either here on Tumblr or by e-mail at email@example.com) – we are definitely planning to have more available soon, though we’re still exploring some options. We’ve already got a waiting list of interested people, so do let us know if you’d like to be kept up-to-date with regard to new books.
Meanwhile, thank you all again. We honestly never expected these books to be so popular, and we’re thrilled to see that people have been enjoying the project!
We’re trying something a bit different here!
In a little under a month’s time, Crispy Ambulance singer Alan Hempsall intends to (safely) fling himself off the side of a building to raise money for Forever Manchester. It’s worth noting that: a) he is appreciably terrified of heights, and b) he’s got a fundraising campaign right here.
If you’ve got a bit of loose change to spare, it’s a worthy charity, but here’s our hook: donate five pounds and come tell us about it (be sure to give us a way of contacting you!) and we’ll send a FAC:ABC book your way. Ten pounds and we’ll include a personalized sketchcard – no other way to get hold of one of those! Plus, you’ll have the added benefit of getting to say you donated to Forever Manchester and contributed to a death-defying feat of bravery.
The Morrises were kind enough to send us these pictures and give us their permission to post them.
Amazing. We can’t possibly thank them enough.
Just a quick note – we’ve gotten a couple of requests for FAC:ABC books using non-functional e-mails. Make sure you check those when you submit, because if you don’t, we can’t reach you!
Specifically, Tim and Trevor, we’d like to get in touch with you! Can you contact us here, via Twitter, or at firstname.lastname@example.org? Thanks!
Look what arrived today!
Update: books are prepared and ready to ship out! If you’ve ordered and paid, you should be receiving an e-mail notice from us in the next couple of days. If you don’t hear from us and think you should have, please feel free to contact us!
(Still want a book? Details are here.)
Just in case anyone was interested in where the prototype FAC:ABC book had ended up…
(Quick update: the books are currently ready to ship! Let us know if you’d still like one.)
Hello! We’re your friendly neighbourhood FAC:ABC creator team.
- Giles is responsible for art and design. You can find him here on Tumblr and here on Twitter. When he isn’t working on silly post-punk alphabets, Giles is the artist behind Igor: Occult Detective and lead animator on the Atomic Robo: Last Stop film by The Fictory.
- Mick is responsible for making words and knowing stuff. You can find him here on Tumblr and here on Twitter. When he isn’t creating nonsense poetry, Mick works on non-fiction book projects, writes comics, letters Igor: Occult Detective and works as a science consultant for the entertainment industry.
Where can you find us next?
Our next project is What Would Joe Strummer Do?, a mostly-silly, occasionally-serious “advice” blog full of doodles and ridiculousness. Have a problem in your life that only the Punk Rock Warlord himself can solve? Feel free to drop us a line!
What Would Joe Strummer Do?
(The ask box at What Would Joe Strummer Do? is officially open as of today. There’ll be a two-week break while we collect questions and work on responses; after that, the ask box will stay open, but we’ll begin posting!)
We are still taking book orders and will be indefinitely, so if you’re still looking for one of those, just follow the link and send us a message!
Thanks for being brilliant, you guys.
benzodaze said: When I have children I'm going to use this book to teach them the alphabet. Well done mate!
You lot wanted a book.
Well, you’re in luck.
So many of you have asked for it that we are going to be doing a print run of the FAC:ABC in picture-book form! The above images are from a test print we did, but the final product should be quite similar.
Here are the relevant details:
- It’s pocket-sized, about six inches by five inches.
- It’s printed on high-quality paper in full colour (which, in this case, means red, blue, yellow, grey, white and black).
- It includes a fold-out sheet with all of the informational blurbs, but they’re not printed as part of the book (it can’t be bound properly with that many pages).
- It won’t be free, unfortunately, because we just don’t have the finances to have them all printed to give away. However, we will not be asking any more than the absolute minimum required to have them printed and ship them out. Update: it looks like the books will be $2 each, plus shipping!
- Should we, despite our best intentions, accidentally end up with some kind of profit, all of it will be donated to the Forever Manchester charity. It seemed appropriate.
For the record, if you’d like a copy of the book because you are actually in it… yours is free. Thank you for your music.
Are you interested in a book? If you are, here’s what you do:
- Drop us a line in our submit box here. You do not need a Tumblr account of your own to do this! (Please try not to use the ask box if you can help it; it’s notoriously unreliable and we don’t want to lose your message.)
- Alternatively, send us an e-mail: email@example.com
- Tell us: your name, your e-mail address, where you live (you don’t have to be specific, just general area of the world), how many books you think you’d like, and your favourite Factory artist (why not?).
- When we hear from you, we will get in touch with you using the e-mail address you provide. If you didn’t get an e-mail and think you should have, contact us! We’ll also post updates to the FAC:ABC blog.
We’ll look forward to hearing from you, and we’ll keep you posted.
One last announcement to make; keep an eye out for that tomorrow!